The course is divided into 8 sections. The first section is the introduction to the musical culture of Taiwan. In the following 4 sections, Folksong, Ballad Singing, Gezaixi (Taiwanese Opera), and the Music of Nanguan (Lâm-koán) will be introduced. The last 3 sections are about contemporary art music, centering on its development, famous composers and their compositions.
|校名：||Taipei National University of the Arts|
|英文課程名稱：||Traditional and Contemporary Music of Taiwan|
The student will gain knowledge of:
1. the variety of Taiwanese music.
2. the history of traditional music.
3. the development of Taiwanese contemporary music.
4. the famous works of Taiwanese composers.
5. the relationship between Taiwanese music and the trends of the world.